CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

AHHHhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING: this is very graphic. If you have a weak stomach...do not proceed.
Once upon a time there was a little boy, a sweet, cute, loving little boy. Many people speculated and thought that this little boy was part monkey. He grew amazingly strong arms and legs and used them to swing and climb on anything and everything he could find.
One day his mommy took him and his sister to the park (even though she is scared to death to take him anywhere!). While at the park he was running after his friend and fell and hit his head on the asphault. A very big goose egg began to form and grew to be an enormous size. The little boy shook off the owe and began to play as normal. His mommy took him home and he began to continue his usual ritual of ... yup, you guessed it... climbing! He pushed over a chair to the counter and grabbed the mint he was after. "Yes," he said, "I got it!"
His mommy took the rest of the mints and turned around to put them in the pantry. Meanwhile, he decided to get off of the counter a different way. He began to slide off of his bum, rather than turning around to go down on his tummy. His mommy wasn't worried a bit, b/c you see, this little boy got up on the counter several times a day like this and was so familiar with getting down now that she thought he had it down pat! Little did she know, he was going down on his bum. Much to her dismay, she turned around to see him FffffALL! He hit the corner of the chair and flipped around to fall head first onto the floor. And can you guess where he hit? RIght on his goose egg. The never ending BUMP!!
The pressure was enourmous and the egg cracked, split and popped! Blood spilled everywhere. His mommy ran to his side and held him tight. It was everything she could do to stay calm, not scream, not cry (I did that later), and NOT FREAK OUT (I NEVER do that! Just ask Vaughn!)!!!!!!
OK....so I am done with the story bit...that's enough. Thank me later.
So, I was watching Eli and called Kirsten (my Amazing and WONDERFUL, Freakin' awesome neighbor, and when I move she HAS to move with us!). She came hurling over, faster than a speeding bullet. And I ran out the door to take him to the ER. I went to Primary Health Center and they said, it was way to deep and they wouldn't be able to hold him down for the stiches. So by that time Vaughn caught up with us and he drove us down to St. Al's. Meanwhile, blood is gushing out of Jackson's head and going all over the place. You should have seen the kitchen, him and I. We were all covered! Amazingly he stopped crying the minute I put him in his car seat. I couldn't believe it. What a soldier! That was the minute IIIIII started crying. I felt so bad. I couldn't stand to see my baby in pain. It was unexplainably awful. I HATED it!!!!!!!! Ahh!
The stiches were a nightmare for us. Strapping him down and telling us to stay away, while our baby was screaming bloody murder, was horride. I felt so bad. I have just now calmed down from the whole thing and thinking about it makes me cringe all over again. I thought I was a "hellicopter mom" before, can you only imagine what I am now? I swear this kid is going to give me heart failure.
So the moral of the story is....never let your child grow arms and legs, and you'll be just fine. No...I am so grateful for his arms and legs and hope and pray nothing happens to those too.
The picture you see below of my poor baby, is of us in the ER waiting room with Vaughn's phone. I didn't want you to think I stopped to grab my camera on the way out the door...although, true confessions, weirdly enough, I thought about it! Ah, Heather!

I can't even thank Kirsten enough for cleaning my "bloody mess" up, and coming to my rescue. And I am ever so grateful for Vaughn being my rock. It was NOT coincidence that he was working close by and ran to our aide. The Lord knew I needed him. He is my stability. AND...my dad, who rushed over to give Jackson a blessing with Vaughn. (Even though I told him the wrong hospital in the midst of the commotion). Thanks you guys!

Sorry Jackson babe!

20 comments:

Julie Carroll said...

Oh my Goodness Heather I was laughing and crying at the same time while reading your story. I feel so bad for him and for you. That is never any fun. I was holding Will in my arms and I looked at him crying telling him that he better learn his lesson early!! We took Ava to get stiches above her eye when she was about 18 months old (Hannah pushed her into a rocking chair) and it was an AWFUL experience. . Hang in there girl and give that little guy a squeeze for us.

Angie said...

Yikes! I saw his giganic bruise on Tuesday and didn't get a chance to ask what happened. Wow, you're a real trooper Heather!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Holy smokes! You are amazing, Heather. Why are boys so crazy? I'm glad you're all okay now. That picture makes me so sad. We recently changed our blog to private, but would love for you guys to still be able to check it. Send me your email, and I'll get an invite sent to you. Our email is mcgarryfam@yahoo.com.

Anna said...

So much for slowing down on his bumps and bruses like you said in a previous post. Everytime I hear about a kid getting hurt big time I think about Sharli. She's almost crawling and I know it will be her turn soon. I don't know how I will be.

nateandcole said...

Oh my! That boy does seem accident prone. What a scary experience. Sounds like you handled it well. Maybe we should just stick with dainty little girls so we don't have to deal with goose eggs and stitches on foreheads!

Jen said...

OH Heather Heather Heather !!! I'm so sorry - and that picture of him - my goodness - yah I can see why you were freaking out a bit. I would have been too! Poor little guy - poor YOU! I'm glad they got him all stitched up - as horrible as it must have been. He'll probably have a scar there - a reminder of the joys you had in raising him! Konnor has one on his forehead too - and it always reminds me of the "fun" we had with him as a toddler... hang in there... :) It does get better (at least fewer and far between!)

Becky said...

Hey, I missed you guys while you were at time out for couples. I stopped in at Linda & Jack's with the rest of the Pettingill girls. I must admit, Jackson's head looks much better than the photo you posted! Your kids are so cute and have gotten SO BIG!! Keep in touch and feel free to check out our blog!

Chad and Becca said...

Oh man! I was wondering how Jackson got the stitches! You poor thing, I would have flipped! Thankfully I have a pretty calm little girl and have never had to have a stitches fiasco. I hope he is feeling better now, what a trooper! Oh by the way I found your blog through Kara McBrides.

Monica said...

Oh my what a scary experience. I am so glad he is okay.

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

Oh my gosh! That picture is horrible. Hang in there and let us know how he's doing. Yikes.

Jill said...

Heather, Mike and I are sitting here in AWE!! I am so sorry that happened to Jackson. Austin got an egg tonight and I was talking to Julie Carroll and she said "Get onto the Pruetts blog and you won't feel bad anymore!!" POOR JACKSON!!! Mike said that Jackson is a warrior and the chicks will dig that scar!
Jill

Kirsten said...

That was a pretty horrible thing (more for you than him). I just feel bad that he gave himself the goose egg chasing Eli that morning and made the whole thing worse. Sorry Jackson!!!!

Your Mommy Badge is in the mail, I am sure!

Eli has been playing duck, duck, goose with anything and everything around our house since the other night when you watched him. It is so cute!

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

HOW SAD AND CREEPY! POOR JACKSON! I CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE PICTURE, IT MAKES ME SICK.

Abby Stimpson said...

OH HEATHER HIS LITTLE PICTURE JUST BREAKS MY HEART. I ALSO HAVE A CHILD THAT IS PART MONKEY :) WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO HUH?

Kim Allen said...

Oh that is a sad picture. That boy is part monkey. His wound looked like it was healing very well when I was there the other day. I wish I could have been there to help.

Rick & Marianne said...

Wow Heather....poor Jackson! What a tough little guy and tough mother! You'll have to give me loads of advice when we have a little boy in our home one day! I'm glad that it all worked out.
Sure love you!
Mae

Monte and Brittany said...

Poor little guy im sorry to hear about that!!
i dont know if you remember me. i used to be in the same ward as your in laws.
my last name used to be Ronneburg!
your husband might know me better!
well hope he gets better! :)

Jared I Borg said...

Heather,
When I read the warning I thought to myself "what could heather possibly post that would be graphic in any nature".... sure enough my stomach turned a bit. That does not sound like fun. Stop by our blog and say hi. We have at least one post of our little henry with a BIG OL KNOT on his head.

Fun blog, hope all is well

Jared

Tony and Sarah Hendricks said...

Hi Heather....it's Sarah Olsen from highschool....I am so sorry to hear about your little boy! That had to be such a nightmare!!! You have adorable kids!!

Lindy Lue said...

I love your writing style!!! that is a big gash! I feel you all the way! Rememer coopers broken wrist, then when they thought he had cracked his skull??? isn't bieng a mom awesome? :)