CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

OUCH!










These are my boys in all their glory!
All beat up....! This weekend we had quite a few incidences happen. Vaughn was up camping with the scouts at Lucky Peak and of course the boys were playing capture the flag in the pitch dark. He was running home for the victory, grabbed the flag, turned around and took off full blast only to find a huge thorn bush eating up his face. He then hit the bush and fell right into it. These pictures don't capture the wounds good enough. I wish I got a better picture of it. It really scared me when I saw him for the first time.


Now on to Jackson ....what did he do? You mean, what didn't he do? Well....hmmm....what can I say. Poor kid, I have been having nightmares about this ever since. We were over @ the Furhiman's house, I was inside, holding new baby Jaxon, and watching as the kids were playing together. I saw my Jackson on the concrete steps playing. He has lately been so good on the steps and turns around and goes down on his belly. So to be honest, I wasn't worried a bit. I was watching him though just in case. And then it happened. In a blink of an eye. At the last second he decided to go down the stairs like the other kids. So, he stepped down, and immediatly lost his balance. Mind you, he was on concrete stairs! He head went down first and hit the corner of the step and then he slid the rest of the way down, scraping up his nose. The thud was terrible. I can't even describe it. I just screamed for Vaughn.

Little did my eye on him help!! Way to go mom! I feel so bad. It has been playing over and over again in my head. It all happened so very fast. Larry Horton says that I don't have to worry unless I get brought into the "questioning room." Then I have to worry! How does he know? Well....ask him. But anyways, I handed baby Jaxon off to Carol and ran to my little screaming child. Vaughn had him at that point and we both held him in our arms, feeling so terrible! OH!!! Jackson, we are so sorry!!!! We love you!

So...the moral of the storIES are..........DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE, BUT HOLD JACKSON EVERYWHERE HE GOES (even in your house), AND ... WEAR A FACE MASK PLAYING CAPTURE THE FLAG ...PLEASE!

Both my boys need helmets!

4 comments:

The Idaho Olsens said...

Poor little Jackson, I know how you feel. Kylee did the same thing when she was about the same age. She fell down the concrete steps and banged up her nose pretty good. Plus boys seem to have no fear...at least Chase doesn't, I know we will have an encounter like that with Chase sometime...

The Harwood Family said...

Oh Heather....I miss you! I just read all of your updates! Your life is so entertaining! I was laughing the whole time. Your beadboard looks awesome. I need some in my house! Good luck taking care of your boys!

Jenn said...

Ouch!! Our Emma had an accident similar to that, and it is so hard to watch!! Don't worry, the bruises heal quickly. All he will remember are all the hugs he got from his mom and dad. =) You sound like such a cute mommie!

wngough said...

haha! I find your stories so funny. Wow Jackson must be tough kid to watch. He reminds me of one of my nephew, who has no fear. Before he was one he already broke his arm and had 3 different stiches in different place on his head. Well you were great with people on your mission and I know I have no doubt your great mother so don't feel like a worst mother. Love ya tons